Thursday, November 17, 2011

Going Greener: Baggy Buddy

 ***So this post will kickoff this new line of posts that I will do.  Going Greener is where I will show you ways that I come up with to be more environmentally friendly.  I would love to hear your advice and if I feature your idea, I will give you, your blog/YouTube/Twitter a shout out.  Just make sure you include that info!
Today's Topic: Reusing Shopping Bags
So imagine this: your at Walmart, T.J.Maxx, or Safeway and you buy some stuff.  Maybe a few shirts, some bananas, etc.  What do you do when you get home? Unload, put away and toss those bags, right?  WRONG!  Here what you do.  If a bag does not have big holes in it, medium bags can be used for garbage bin liners or just bags for gathering trash.  Then the plastic with have more uses and it will save on the fancy liners.  Shopping bags are free.  Fancy trash bags are not.  One way I reuse my bags is to use the really small ones from Claire's, Forever 21, etc. next to my desk or in the car's glove box for the bits of garbage that you want gone!  The last tip I have is to store the bags in overnight bags, suitcases and other traveling things for dirty or wet laundry.  This is perfect for gym clothes, or even just going to a store with these will save more bags for others.
I hope you enjoyed my Going Greener and please email me your response ror comment down below. Luv y'all.!

No comments:

Post a Comment