Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hair Health 101

 Hey everyone! Before I get started, I want to shout out to two people on blogger who wished me a Happy Birthday: Musings of Athena and Show Your True Colors  Thanks guys! I thought that I could do different sections: treatments, shampooing, styling, random. So lets start!
 EVERYDAY:
~Using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner will be the best thing to reduce frizz.
~An anti-breakage cream will do more than just that. It can make your freshly styled hair look very polished and finished.
 TREATMENTS:
~1 Tablespoon of coconut oil that is melted, and put in to damp hair, makes a wonderful healing treatment. You dont need a lot if you hve short hair. Rub it on your scalp all the way to the ends. Leave it on for 2 hours and shampoo. I dont use conditioner either.
~A mixture of an egg yolk, plain yogurt, and coconut oil applied to the hair for an hour or hour and a half, will be a really moisturizing mask that will make your hair healthy and glossy.
 STYLING:
~Always Use a Heat Protectant!!! Even for blow drying! I use Garnier Fructis Flat Iron Protectant. it is $3.50 @ Walmart and smells amazing. Please use something like this. Everytime I blowdry without, my hair feels brittle and sad. . .
~When using a new styling tool, always try the lowest hat setting and go up until you get the perfect style! less heat = happy hair!
 RANDOM:
~Dont use rubberband or things that could tear your hair out to put it up. If you need to, cut them out, not pull.
~Try to wash your combs and brushes to wash off any product and dirt and nasty stuff on them for cleaner hair! Just fill a bowl with warm water and facial soap and rinse for a few seconds.
   I hope enjoyed! Love you guys! <3

2 comments:

  1. good tips, I enjoyed reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww ur welcome so sweet of you to thank me! those were great tips, i will try the treatment ♥

    ReplyDelete