Thursday, May 10, 2012

Accomplished Item # 30-34 (+3)

This is the first time I am doing an Accomplished Item with followers so I will give you a few links! Here is the list of books I got from a friend. This is the list of movies I got from a friend! Have you read any of the books on the list?

30. Pirates! by Celia Rees-This book was really good! I loved the ending because it isn't a fairy tale ending but it is suspenseful and sweet! It was pretty long with 47 chapters and 379 pages. It has a little glossary in the back and was surprisingly easy to follow! I really recommend this fictional "biography" of a female pirate! 10/10
31. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine-A lovely story that is easy to read and fast paced. I finished it in a couple days because I wanted to know what happened! I loved Levine's book Ever, and I cant wait to read The Wish. The two sisters are complete opposites and the ending isn't as perfect as some fairy tales! 10/10
32. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen-This was really good! I don't recommend it for girls under 13-14 because of some content and language but it wasn't worse that any other books by Sarah Dessen. It is about 375 pages (give or take a few) and in a rank of the 4 Sarah Dessen books I have read, it is tied for 2nd place. But if I had to choose it would be 3rd probably (BTW, I will rank all the Sarah Dessen books when I have read them all with one in each place!). The story is set during the school year instead of the Summer like most books by Dessen. It was good character development and the story was so real and compelling! 9/10
33. The Loney Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg- This is one of my favorite books! I think that every girl, ever being in a relationship or not, should read this book! It is about a girl who has sworn off boys for the rest of High School and when others join, things get a little out of hand. Go on an adventure with Penny Lane Bloom and her friends. Tip: Listen to some Beatles music before reading. 10/10
34. Just Ella and Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix- If you do not have trouble reading books, then get both at the same time. It took me under 24 hours to complete Just Ella and a few days to complete the second one. The stories are so wonderful and unique. If you do have trouble reading or getting interested this is perfect! It is very easy to read, but is still exciting! 10/10
Other Books:
* Bunheads by Sophie Flack
* Dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman
* The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway

No comments:

Post a Comment