Monday, February 11, 2013

How to Downsize Your Makup Collection

Hey!!!! So in December, I wanted to downsize my collection because I didn't use a lot and I didn't like a bunch of it so I decided to look up some tips and ideas. Guess what? I did not find a single tip, idea or system besides "I just got rid of half my collection" and that is wasting so much money! OMG!!! It bugs me... So I came up with a few ideas of my own!

  • Write down every item you own. This can help because lists are visual and it will make you go through the entire collection. It is also easier to pick and choose when you see how many powders, brown eyeshadows, or pink lip glosses are actually in your possession!
  • Pick which ones you wish were gone. The awful eyehadow? The flaky foundation? What about that lipstick you used once just to discover the awful texture and no refunds sticker? Write them all down and number them. This gives you another visual help to see how many items there are and gives some structure.
  • Collect them all. Get a basket, makeup organizer, or something else to place all these items in. You can still use the good makeup but this way you know where all the items are that you want to use up. As long as you keep it IN FRONT and not hidden, they should start getting used up.
  • If there is anything that is just dangerous to use like if it breaks you out, doesn't have any pigment or you cannot stand the crap, just put it in a different basket and collect the empty items. Another visual thing to keep you going is to see how far you have come!
I have used up many things using this system but I do have one more idea for the shopaholics among us...
  • For every 2 items used up in a single category of makeup, you may buy one more. (powders, blush, lip gloss, neutral eyeshadow, mascara)
  • You can make it harder by having very small categories (red lip gloss, shimmery neutrals, etc)
  • Or easier with more basic categories (Powder face products, lip color, lip balm, eye makeup, etc)
  • Unless you only have one thing in each category, this system should work!
Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment