Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How to Give Yourself a Manicure

First You are going to want to remove all nail polish from your nail before moving on to another color.  This will keep the color pure and make sure that the mani lasts longer because having an old polish underneath can make you nails yellow and brittle.  Weird right?



After Using the drying nail polish remover, You are goni to want to use a hand or body cream to moistureize and rejuevenate your hands.  I use a cotton swab and just put the lotion on my cuticles and around the nail.  Then I rub it in and work it into the rest of my nail.  I prefer using Nivea Cream for this because it is the most moisturizing lotion I have.

Now this is after I have cut and filled my nails to be the same length.  This also makes them smooth and pretty.  Another option is to buff your nails and get the top of the nail to make it smooth. This helps the Varnish stay longer but a safer way is to soak the nails in vineger for about 5 minutes.  Then gently push back your cuticles but do not cut or remove them because this could lead to infection.  Pushing them back exposes more nail and make your nails look much longer, stronger, and healthy.



Then you should apply a base coat so that the polish can have a brighter color, stay longer, and to keep your nails from yellowing.  Here I am using a mystery brand of base coat.  It was on sale at my Sally's for 99 cents and that was when I just wanted one because I was fed up with using my top coat, which was terrible, and I got this.  I know its white but its good for just a solid color.



Now add two coats of you nail color, allowing it to dry in between.  on my ring finger is a different polish for flair.  On most of my nails I used Petites Pink Lady.  On my Ring finger I used Petites Passion Orange.  Both of thesse polishes are only $1.50 and work just as well as most polishes. 



Lastly, add a top coat to seal in the color and to add a gorgeous shine.  Here I am using N.Y.C.'s Shiny Top Coat, although I have recently tried Revlons Base and Top coat whish is much much better.

Well I hope you guys liked my tutorial and tell me you want to do a video on it! Love you guys! Strawberrie

No comments:

Post a Comment